The Pan America™ 1250 Special motorcycle is our premier two-wheel multi-tool built to endure, designed to explore, and engineered for adventure. Designed to compete against top shelf benchmarks, the 1250 Special is loaded with premium features.
THIS IS THE RIGHT BIKE FOR
- Riders who want all of the capability, while making it easier to get your feet down.
- For riders who see touring as detouring – on road and off
- Riders looking for power, tech, and capability – that can be used everyday with comfort and control
We’re calling it Special for good reason. Designed to compete with the top-of-the-line ADV bikes in the segment, the 1250 Special is loaded with premium features.
- Semi-Active Front and Rear Suspension with Vehicle Load Control
- Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS)
- Centre Stand
- Multi-Position Rear Brake Pedal
- Brush Guard
- Aluminium Skid Plate
- Daymaker™ Signature Adaptive Headlamp
- Hand Wind Deflectors
- Heated Hand Grips
- Steering Damper
- Factory Installed Option: Adaptive Ride Height
- Factory Installed Option: Tubeless Laced Wheels
ALL-NEW REVOLUITION MAX 1250 ENGINE
01. FOR A NEW GENERATION OF ICONIC BIKES
The next chapter in a century of legendary V-Twins is here. Revolution<sup>™</sup> Max is a liquid-cooled powertrain with 150 horsepower, full of ample torque, and a surging powerband tuned to maximise rider control.
02. DUAL PURPOSE POWERTRAIN
Max 1250 is a structural component of the motorcycle chassis, eliminating a traditional frame — which significantly reduces overall weight and keeps handling taut. This is performance you can feel, with the centre of gravity low and the chassis super rigid.
03. PEAK PERFORMANCE WHERE IT COUNTS
Double Overhead Camshafts (DOHC) facilitate higher peak horsepower, and independent Variable Valve Timing (VVT) broadens the overall powerband and improves torque management. All this to say you’ll have as much low-end acceleration off the line and high-RPM horsepower you can twist.
ADAPATIVE RIDE HEIGHT
01. REVOLUTIONARY SUSPENSION
Adaptive Ride Height makes its debut on the Pan America 1250 Special. This factory-installed option unlocks confidence you can feel by lowering seat height when stopped, and maintaining a constant, optimum suspension sag at speed by adjusting preload while continuously sensing weight inputs.
02. SEMI-ACTIVE FRONT & REAR SUSPENSION
191mm (7.48 inches) travel on Showa™ BFF™ (Balance Free Forks) fronts and a BFRC™ (Balanced Free Rear Cushion-lite) coil-over rear shock with electronic preload control and semi-active damping. The rear suspension incorporates a linkage system connecting the shock, swingarm, and frame which provides a progressive feel through the stroke.
DIFFERENT BY DESIGN
H-D design and engineering teams have crafted a vision guided by utility, rooted in the spirit of iconic American off-road vehicles. In a landscape of bikes that are achieving uniformity, Pan America is a rugged take where function feeds form in a package that is uniquely Harley-Davidson.
ALL TERRAIN LONG HAULER
Informed by H-D’s touring legacy, Pan America™ is designed to maintain high-speed ride and handling performance even when at the limit of its luggage and weight capacity. Refined, capable and intuitive, Pan America™ is a motorcycle that stays composed and confident no matter how hard you push it.
SUSPENSION - RIDER COMFORT
VEHICLE LOADING CONTROL
This system senses the weight of the rider, passenger and luggage to select optimum suspension sag by automatically adjusting rear preload.
SEMI-ACTIVE SUSPENSION SYSTEM
This system reacts to suspension position, vehicle speed, vertical acceleration, roll angle and rate, throttle, brake inputs and the selected Ride Mode to maintain the desired comfort setting. There are five pre-programmed profiles, which are baked into each Ride Mode:
- Comfort: More suspension compliance and isolating the rider from rough road conditions.
- Balanced: A balance of ride comfort and ride control, for all-around riding.
- Sport: Maximum ride control with higher damping rates – what we call “spirited riding”
- Off-Road Soft: Reduced initial damping to increase suspension compliance to better absorb larger obstacles and to reduce kickback: ideal for logging roads, washboards and rocky terrain.
- Off-Road Firm: Increased initial damping for aggressive riding or when less body float is desired: ideal for soft/loamy terrain.
The 1250 Special has several enhancements as standard for when you take the road less travelled.
- Aluminium skid plate protects the engine crankcase from impacts.
- Brush guards protect the radiator and help support the motorcycle in a tip-over.
- Steering damper to enhance dynamic performance during aggressive off-road riding.
- No-tool-needed adjustable brake pedal, which can switch between two positions to improve control and comfort when the rider is standing.
- Semi-Active front and rear suspension with a specific Off-Road mode programmed to help the rider maintain traction and control over rougher roads and terrain.
Pan America 1250 models are equipped with the latest technology you'd expect for the category: six-axis IMU, customisable ride modes, Bluetooth connectivity and moving map navigation features in a 6.8” 173cm screen size (6.5" 165mm viewable) touchscreen display.
TUBELESS LACED WHEELS
Available as a factory-installed option, the spokes are inserted through the aluminium wheel rim outside of the tire bead. These wheels offer the rider several advantages over the cast wheels in off-road conditions.
- This design allows the use of a tubeless tire, which eliminates the weight of an inner tube, and makes the spokes repairable in the field.
- If spokes loosen or break, they can be serviced or replaced without removing the wheel from the motorcycle or removing the tire from the wheel.
ADVANCED DAYMAKER™ ADAPTIVE HEADLAMP
Utilising the ABS IMU to determine the lean angle of the motorcycle, this system automatically projects additional light into corners to illuminate areas of the road that may be unlit by an LED headlamp without this tech.
- Includes three LED elements per side, located just above the main Daymaker™ headlamp.
- The adaptive lamps illuminate in sequence based on motorcycle lean angle: at 8, 15, and 23 degrees.
- Rather than just switching on and off, the current to the adaptive elements ramps up gradually so the additional lighting is progressive and appears seamless.
|GROUND CLEARANCE||210 mm|
|TYRES, FRONT SPECIFICATION||120/70R19 60V|
|TYRES, REAR SPECIFICATION||170/60R17 72V|
|TYRE, TYPE||H-D®/Michelin™Scorcher™“Adventure”, Radial|
|FUEL CAPACITY||21.2 l|
|OIL CAPACITY (W/FILTER)||4.5 l|
|WEIGHT, AS SHIPPED||242 kg|
|WEIGHT, IN RUNNING ORDER||258 kg|
|ENGINE||Revolution™ Max 1250|
|FUEL SYSTEM||Electronic Sequential Port Fuel Injection (ESPFI)|
|EXHAUST||2-into-1-into-1; catalyst in header|
|ENGINE TORQUE TESTING METHOD||J1349|
|ENGINE TORQUE||127 Nm|
|ENGINE TORQUE (RPM)||6,750|
|HORSEPOWER||150 HP / 112 kW @ 8750 rpm|
|LEAN ANGLE, RIGHT (DEG.)||42|
|LEAN ANGLE, LEFT (DEG.)||42|
|FUEL ECONOMY TESTING METHOD||EU 134/2014|
|FUEL ECONOMY||5.5 l/100 km|
|PRIMARY DRIVE||Gear, 49/89 ratio|
|GEAR RATIOS (OVERALL) 1ST||13.11|
|GEAR RATIOS (OVERALL) 2ND||9.687|
|GEAR RATIOS (OVERALL) 3RD||7.509|
|GEAR RATIOS (OVERALL) 4TH||6.057|
|GEAR RATIOS (OVERALL) 5TH||5.08|
|GEAR RATIOS (OVERALL) 6TH||4.436|
|FRONT FORK||47mm inverted fork with electronically adjustable semi-active damping control. Aluminium fork triple clamps.|
|REAR SHOCKS||Linkage-mounted monoshock with automatic electronic preload control and semi-active compression & rebound damping|
|WHEELS, OPTIONAL STYLE TYPE||Anodized aluminium tubeless laced|
|WHEELS, FRONT TYPE||Aluminium cast, satin black|
|WHEELS, REAR TYPE||Aluminium cast, satin black|
|BRAKES, CALIPER TYPE||Front: radially mounted, monoblock, 4-piston caliper; Rear: floating, single piston caliper|
|LIGHTS (AS PER COUNTRY REGULATION), INDICATOR LAMPS||LED Bullet Turn Signals|
|GAUGES||6.5 inch viewable area TFT display with speedometer, gear, odometer, fuel level, clock, trip, ambient temp, low temp alert, side stand down alert, TIP over alert, cruise, range and tachometer indication BT capable - phone pairing to access phone calls, music, navigation (H-D App ONLY)|
|SCREEN SIZE||173 mm|
|TYPE||Color TFT w/ Touch|
|HEADSET SPECIFICATIONS (IF EQUIPPED)||Bluetooth|
|LANGUAGES||Arabic, Chinese (Simplified/Traditional), Czech, Danish, Dutch, English (default), Finnish, French (Canada/France), German, Greek, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese (Portugal/Brazil), Indonesian, Russian, Slovak, Spanish (Mexico/Spain), Swedish, Turkish, Vietnamese, Thai|
|HANDS-FREE MOBILE PHONE - VIA BLUETOOTH||Standard|
|VOICE RECOGNITION LANGUAGES: PHONE FUNCTIONS ONLY||Phone Dependent|
|VOICE RECOGNITION LANGUAGES: TUNER/MEDIA/NAVIGATION||Phone dependent|
|TEXT-TO-SPEECH (TTS) LANGUAGES||Phone dependent|
|RIDER/PASSENGER INTERCOM||Headset function only|
|VEHICLE INFORMATION SCREEN (AIR TEMPERATURE, OIL PRESSURE AND EITMS)||TPMS, Engine temp, Battery Voltage, Ambient Air Temp|
|USB||Charging and Instrument update, USB-C, 5V, 3A|
Want to Sell or Trade?
We Will Buy Your Bike!
If you have a bike you are interested in selling or trading for a new bike, we would love to hear from you!
NEED SOME ASSISTANCE?
Cant find what you're looking for?
Lets us know and we can provide you with all the details